Rules & Regulations
FISHING AREAS AND DATES:
- The competition will run from January 1st 2019 at 12:00 PM EST through February 11th 2019 at 11:59 PM EST. Any catch submitted before or after that date will not be considered.
- Fish may be submitted only from the water established by the competition director. See attached list of available states and species.
PARTICIPANTS AND ELIGIBILITY:
- Competition is eligible to anyone 18 years of age or older with a fish taken from any DNR approved lakes in the States listed and dates section of these rules. A parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize. Each submission must meet all of the requirements outlined in the registration and submission section of these rules. Employees and partners of Mr. Heater are not eligible. Many will enter, few will win.
- All competitors/entries will be subject to a truth verification test if the competition director deems it necessary to settle a dispute.
REGISTRATION AND SUBMISSION:
- Registration and liability sign-off is required prior to fish registration. Please visit www.MrHeater.com/KingOfTheLake. Competition entrants must have a valid email address to receive registration confirmation.
SCORING, TACKLE, AND EQUIPMENT:
- Competition standings, contingency awards, and final winners shall be determined by Mr. Heater of each competitor’s catch during the listed days of the competition. Only standard strains of fish native to the fishing grounds will be considered. Fish will be measured on the longest straight line using an approved measuring device. See attached list of approved methods. Fish must be scored with the left side of the fish facing up, belly towards the angler. Mouth may be open OR closed, but the lip MUST be touching the end of the approved hard measuring device. The use of bungees, stringers, or other means of securing the fish other than the angler’s hand is prohibited. Anglers may not pinch the tail. There is no minimum length for entry. Please adhere to all local and state DNR regulations. Any fish that appears to have been mangled, mashed, mauled, or otherwise altered will be credited only at the discretion of competition officials. The longest length submitted for the week from the approved lake list will be the winners. In the event of a tie, the angler that submitted the largest fish first will be the winner of the tie.
- Token are no longer required to be in the weekly catch submission on iCatch since photos must be taken in real time. Anyone submitting a SLAM thru the King of the Lake website must still utilize the 2019 token in all 4 catch photos to be eligible to win. NO EXCEPTIONS. The measuring board’s numbers should be clearly visible in the photo. It is recommended to trace over the numbers with a black “Sharpie” style pen to ensure visibility.
PRIZES, AWARDS, AND PAYOUTS:
- Winners will be notified via various social media outlets and by the information provided on the submission form. If a person deemed to be a winner is unresponsive or unreachable after a “reasonable” amount of time determined by the competition director, the participant in second place will then be notified they are the winner. This will continue down the line until a winner is contacted.
- All material prizes will be awarded via a FedEx Ground shipment to the physical address specified in the submission form. Cash payouts will be awarded via bank check to the legal name of the person deemed to be the winner of said cash prize. All taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
- The angler of the biggest fish of each category of any of the 6 states will be crowned the “King of the Lake” and will be notified each Wednesday following the first full week of competition. These winners will receive $200. Anglers may only win a species category 2 out of the 6 weeks.
- The angler of the biggest fish of each category in each state will receive 1 of 4 different Mr. Heater merchandise items. They will be notified each Monday following the first full week of competition.
- Each week a new tournament will begin for each species, allowing for fresh submissions. Anglers are responsible for checking their own iCatch account to ensure they are entered into each weekly tournament to compete.
- Participants may also compete in the Slam. The Slam must include 1 fish per category and the most total inches of all 4 fish overall will win. Each angler must submit their Slam entry all at once via the separate Slam page with a photo of their largest fish from each category. The 2019 King of the Lake token MUST BE present in all Slam photos. NO EXCEPTIONS. The overall winner of the Slam will receive $1500, second place will receive $1000 and third place will receive $500. The winners will be notified the first Monday following the final date of the competition.
- Contestants will be disqualified and banned from further entries, prize money, or promotional pay out if they are deemed to have willfully violated the above rules with intention to deceive. This includes but is not limited to posting a fish not caught on an approved lake, not caught in the correct time period, posting the same fish more than once, any photo alterations, lying about fish length, and creating multiple accounts for the same individual.
- All anglers entering the 2019 KING OF THE LAKE Competition agree that neither Enerco Group Inc., nor any of its owners, employees, or fellow sponsors are in any way liable for any injuries or accidents that may occur during participation in the Competition. You are entering the Competition exclusively at your own risk. Failure to comply with any of these Rules and Regulations shall be grounds for disqualification of your submissions. To participate you much read and agree to the Terms and Conditions set out in the submission form. Enerco Group Inc. may substitute prizes, amend the rules, or discontinue the competition at any time as announced on the Mr. Heater website or social media outlets. Enerco Group Inc. disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the competition. For a copy of the Rules and Regulations, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the Mr. Heater website or social media outlets.
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
APPROVED METHODS OF MEASURING:
- Fish must be scored with the left side of the fish facing up, belly towards the angler. Mouth may be open OR closed, but the lip MUST be touching the edge of the approved hard measuring device. The use of bungees, stringers, or other means of securing the fish other than the angler’s hand is prohibited. Anglers may NOT pinch the tail. There is no minimum length for entry. Measurements will be rounded up to the nearest half of an inch. Please adhere to all local and state DNR regulations.
- Lips of the fish touch the edge of the hard measuring device
- Token is clearly visible for Slam submissions
- Fish is only secured by the angler's hand
- Numbers on the hard measuring device are clearly visible
- The fish in the photo example below would be scored at 21.5 inches. The photo clearly shows the unpinched tail past the 21 inch mark, making this a 21.5 inch fish. Any entries in which the measurement cannot be clearly determined will be disqualified. Please submit the best and clearest photo possible.
- An approved method of measurement would include any hard measuring device which would allow complete compliance with the rules outlined above. All devices should have an edge in which the fish can be butted against when measuring. No paper rulers or tailor tape should be used. .
- Anglers may post their ice fishing photos on their own Instagram page and tag @MHKingoftheLake and #KOTL2019 to be considered.
- Weekly, competition officials will review all posted photos tagged with @MHKingoftheLake and #KOTL2019 to choose a winner.
- Winning photo will be posted to the @MHKingoftheLake Instagram page and the owner of the photo will be contacted directly for best shipping address.
To download a pdf copy of the rules and regulations, please click below.